Flickr

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Raima Sen says star children have it 'very troublesome’, outsiders have 'no baggage’

Raima Sen says star children have it 'very troublesome’, outsiders have 'no baggage’ [ad_1]

Raima Sen is from a household of actors. By the point, she arrived within the movie trade, her sister Riya Sen had already began, whereas mom Moon Moon Sen was a veteran actor. On high of that, her grandmother Suchitra Sen is thought to be one of many best actors the nation has seen. Naturally, the actor had large sneakers to fill. In a latest interview, Raima spoke in regards to the baggage and strain star children really feel, one thing that newcomers from exterior the trade don’t should take care of. Additionally learn: Ahan Shetty says he has it simpler in Bollywood due to father Suniel Shetty

Raima made her performing debut in a supporting function with the Shabana Azmi-starrer Godmother in 1999. Her breakthrough function was the 2003 Bengali movie Chokher Bali, adopted by the 2005 Hindi movie Parineeta. Her sister Riya had labored as a toddler artiste within the early 90s, graduating to guide roles within the early 2000s. Moon Moon Sen had a profitable profession doing 60 movies within the 80s and 90s, whereas Suchitra Sen was one of many high heroines in Bengali and Hindi cinema within the 50s.

Speaking about her household pedigree, Raima advised Etimes lately, “Initially, once I joined the trade, folks had a whole lot of expectations from me. I used to be Moon Moon Sen’s daughter and my sister Riya had joined the trade earlier than me. Being a star child, folks had already anticipated loads out of me, that they had already judged me, criticised me. They anticipated me to be a know-it-all. I believe it is vitally troublesome for the star children to start with. For a newcomer who's an outsider, there isn't a baggage. However when it's a star child is doing his/her first movie, folks will choose them.”

Raima added that although it was powerful for her initially, Chokher Bali proved to be the turning level of her profession. The movie, which starred Aishwarya Rai and Prosenjit Chatterjee, noticed Raima ship a critically-acclaimed efficiency. She mentioned, “My grandmother Suchitra Sen has left an awesome legacy behind. I wasn’t going to get a Sanjay Leela Bhansali debut. Initially, it was troublesome to interrupt in. I believe Chokher Bali was my turning level. As soon as I did that movie, folks began seeing me as Raima and never as Moon Moon Sen’s daughter or Riya’s sister. I've efficiently created my area of interest right here. I did Godmother and it was not a super launch so to say. After that, I did just a few different artwork movies. I did my share of display exams and auditions. I used to be thrown out of movies a few instances. I've had my share of struggles and hardships. Now once I look again at them, I believe they had been all a blessing as a result of I bought to be taught loads from them.”

Raima was most lately seen within the Marathi movie Anya, her first venture within the language. She additionally lately appeared on the Netflix internet collection Mai, which starred Sakshi Tanwar and Wamiqa Gabbi.


[ad_2]

0 comments