Flickr

Monday, September 5, 2022

Knocked off No. 1 rating, Medvedev rues 2022 main present | Tennis Information

Knocked off No. 1 rating, Medvedev rues 2022 main present | Tennis Information [ad_1]

Sunday's defeat by Nick Kyrgios within the U.S. Open fourth spherical would have tasted additional bitter to Daniil Medvedev with the Russian additionally set to lose his world primary rating as his title defence resulted in New York.

Kyrgios' 7-6(11) 3-6 6-3 6-2 win meant the 26-year-old Medvedev will lose the majority of the two,000 rating factors he claimed by lifting his maiden Grand Slam title at Flushing Meadows final 12 months.

"I am attempting to look good right here, however I am dissatisfied," Medvedev instructed reporters.

"Not going to cry within the room, however I am just a little bit dissatisfied. For few days I will be just a bit bit unhappy, taking a look at my cellphone, my laptop computer or watching some collection."

Spaniard Rafa Nadal, ranked third, is in pole place to reclaim high spot when the rankings are up to date subsequent Monday as he's defending no factors and enjoying the hardcourt main for the primary time since 2019.

Fourth-ranked Carlos Alcaraz and Norway's world quantity seven Casper Ruud even have a shot at high spot.

"It was not the very first thing on my thoughts strolling after the match, saying, 'Rattling, won't be the world primary any extra'," Medvedev mentioned, including that shedding high spot would inspire him.

"I truly do not know which place I can be. Most likely three, 4. I suppose Carlos will move me. I do not know truly."

After shedding to Nadal within the Australian Open closing in the beginning of the 12 months, Medvedev exited the French Open within the fourth spherical. A ban on Russian gamers at Wimbledon on account of Moscow's invasion of Ukraine compelled Medvedev to overlook the grasscourt main.

"Clearly, it was the final slam of the 12 months. Did not do properly sufficient. Did not win in Australia once I had the prospect. Did not get the prospect to play Wimbledon. Roland Garros, misplaced fourth spherical. Right here fourth spherical," he mentioned.

"Yeah, ought to do higher. Ought to get extra factors if I need to be world primary once more."


[ad_2]

0 comments