Flickr

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Pooja Bhatt remembers being frightened of taking part in her grandmom in Zakhm | Bollywood

Pooja Bhatt remembers being frightened of taking part in her grandmom in Zakhm | Bollywood [ad_1]

Pooja Bhatt has mentioned that she was terrified to take upon the duty of portraying a personality based mostly on her real-life grandmother in Mahesh Bhatt's semi-autobiographical movie Zakhm. (Additionally learn: Alia Bhatt's unseen pics shared by Pooja Bhatt on birthday)

Pooja Bhatt performed a single mother in Zakhm, and Kunal Kemmu essayed the position of her younger son. Ajay Devgn performed the position of her grown-up son within the movie that additionally featured Nagarjuna and Sonali Bendre.

Pooja advised ETimes in an interview, "Frankly, I used to be terrified to tackle the duty of taking part in my grandmother and tried onerous to counsel to my father we solid one other actor in my place however my father gave me no alternative. He mentioned 'I'm not asking you Pooja. I'm telling you that you're taking part in this half.' That was the top of the dialogue. The remaining is historical past. The privilege of taking part in my grandmother - that was her private saree I used to be sporting within the music."

She added, "It's one thing I'll at all times be grateful to my father for. The 'mangalsutra' I wore within the movie additionally belonged to my grandmother Shirin. And the set of our residence was a reproduction of the house my father grew up in as a boy. These days and that area I shared with Kunal (Kemmu) in entrance of the digital camera are a number of the most magical occasions of my life!"

Zakhm was critically appreciated for selling nationwide integrity because it highlighted the rift that religion-based politics brings within the society and the concord potential amongst fellow residents.

Pooja Bhatt's 2019 tweet.
Pooja Bhatt's 2019 tweet.

Just a few years in the past, Pooja recalled her grandmom and revealed she was a Muslim girl who would take younger Pooja to the Siddhivinayak temple in Mumbai each Tuesday. "fifteenth December 1998 is when our movie #zakhm received censored. A movie the place I had the privilege of taking part in my grandmother, Shirin Nanabhai Bhatt-a Muslim girl who took me to Siddhivinayak temple each Tuesday & to church each Wednesday & Friday.That's the true spirit of India,” she tweeted in 2019.


[ad_2]

0 comments